History, Consultation & Physical Examination
Probably the most important thing a doctor can do. Regardless of who your prior physician was, we will still sit down with you to do a consultation and get a history of your current and prior conditions and concerns. We will then do an appropriate examination to discover the cause of your condition. Above and beyond anything else, this is something every doctor should do before performing any type of treatment, recommending any test or referral.
There are many techniques to chiropactic care of which, we perform many. Some techniques make sound, others don't. Here's a list of the various techniques we've been practicing for years:
- Diversified Technique: This is the "Gold Standard" of chiropractic technique & is the original chiropractic technique. We perform both spinal and extremity (the joints of the arms & legs) diversified technique.
- Cox Flexion-Distraction Spinal Disc Decompression Technique: Also known as Manual Disc Decompression. Originally a osteopathic manipulation technique, Cox Flexion-Distraction was further developed and researched by Dr. James Cox, DACBR and is a very effective technique that uses a specialized table to assist in restoring hydration to disc herniations and proper function of the facet joints.
- Mechanical Adjusting Techniques: Mechanical devices have been used by chiropractors for decades. We use the latest technology in mechanical adjusting instruments known as "Arthrostim Adjustor" and is similar to an Activator, however is a computer controlled device that deliveres a consistent mechanical adjustment. There is no "cracking" sound with this type of adjustment.
- Graston Technique(r) : Also known as Graston Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization. Using a specialized set of tools, Graston Technique is an extremely effective treatment for musculoskeletal pain. It's great for dealing with acute and especially chronic pain syndromes. Pain from post surgical scars & adhesions as well as old sports injuries are the most common problems that we're able to help with Graston Technique.
- FAKTR: is an advanced & specialized form of Graston Technique developed by 2 former Graston Technique instructors. With FAKTR-PM we examine and treat patients with Graston Technique while in the position of pain or while performing the function that causes pain.
- Physical Therapy: We use many physiotherapy techniques and modalities such as:
- Cryotherapy (ice packs, ice massage, ice compression)
- Theramal Therapy (moist heating / hydrocollator)
- AutoSound (the latest technology in ultrasound treatment)
- Interferential Stimulation (quadpolar & premodulated)
- Micro-Current Stimulation
- Russian Stimulation (for reduciton of spasm, rebuilding muscle & mechanoreceptor stimulation)
- LASER Therapy: Also known as "Cold Laser Therapy", LASER therapy can effectively reduce inflammation, reduce pain and promote healing of damaged tissue.
- We use simple rehab techniques for core, spinal and extremity rehabilitation so that patient can easily continue their exercises at home or in their office with very little or no equipment needed